Okens Domains (“Okens”, “We”, “Our”) are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
‘Personal information’ is defined as any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
When we collect and use such information we are subject to applicable data protection laws. We are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Personal information we collect about you
We may gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services and to enable certain functions on this website. We may also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
We may collect the following personal information about you
- Name and organisation
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquiries
- Other information pertaining to special offers and service
- Any other data that you may submit to us
Collecting this personal information helps us understand what you are looking for from the company and enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To improve the products and services we provide
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To customise the website for you
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons
How and why we use your personal information
Under data protection law, we can only use your personal information if we have a proper reason for doing so, e.g.:
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- For our legitimate interests or those of a third party; or
- Where you have given consent.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own rights and interests.
Who we share your personal information with
We may share your personal information with:
- Companies within the Okens group,
- Third parties we use to help deliver our products and/or services to you,
- Other third parties we use to help us run our business (e.g. marketing agencies or website hosts);
The Service Providers We use may have access to Your Personal Data. These third-party vendors collect, store, use, process and transfer information about Your activity on Our Service in accordance with their Privacy Policies.
To deliver services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to share your personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA), e.g.:
With your and our service providers located outside EEA;
If you are based outside the EEA;
- Where there is an international dimension to the services we are providing to you.
These transfers are subject to special rules under European data protection law.
Where we need to do this, we will ensure that the recipient applies data protection standards that will ensure the security of your data.
If you would like further information please contact us (see ‘How to contact us’ below).
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- Access – The right to request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Rectification– The right to require us to correct any mistakes in your personal information.
- Erasure – The right to require us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it – in certain situations.
- Restriction of processing – The right to require us to restrict processing of your personal information—in certain circumstances (e.g. if you contest the accuracy of the data).
- Data Portability – The right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party – in certain situations.
- Objection – The right to object:
- at any time to your personal information being processed for direct marketing (including profiling);
- in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information (e.g. processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests).
- Withdraw Consent – The right to withdraw consent where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out prior to you withdrawing your consent.
How to contact us